Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A New Workout

Having made an early trip home from Air Assault, it is time to shift focus to the task at hand, improving PT performance. On AKO I found a workout that was similar to the air assault/ sapper workout that I have been doing for PT. This workout has a great plan for building pushups and situps, but I find the running somewhat ineffective. The pushup plan is based on your staring point and continues to build each week. The workout calls for three sets of regular, wide-arm, and close hand push-ups. The number of pushups again depends on where you are starting. My favorite part of the workout is the ab portion. The exercises include regular situps, crunch circuits, flutter and scissor kicks. The crunch workout is a killer. It has eight different types of crunches. For myself, I have to do 14 crunches per set per workout. This totals over 330 crunches. As for the recommended running, it has good ideas, but they fall a little short. They include sprints, a long run, and timed miles. The problem with the runs are the specific details. Everyone knows what they are capable of and should plan their runs based on what they need to improve upon. Below I have attached the charts. These are not my workouts. They have been taken from "Maximize your APFT Score" by SGM Robert S Rush.


No comments:

Post a Comment