Saturday, March 14, 2009

Without Futher Delay

It has been a great deal of time since I have posted. I have been extremely busy preparing for the possibility of going to Air Assault. As it turned out I was able to get orders and an itinerary to head down to Ft. Benning. The tough part was that we were not able to get a flight until last Monday, which was also the report date. This meant that we arrived at the school after 2200 and weren't able to go to sleep until 0030. This would not have been a big deal if the following day was not important; however, it was the dreaded zero day. Throughout the night I was unable to sleep, due to the excitement. During this time I made sure to drink a bunch of water because I knew it would be a long day. When traveling down to air assault school, I was overcome with a fear of the unknown. Having been through the beginning of the school, I have a few pointers. First, inspect your equipment and pack systematically. Knowing that you have everything that you will need throughout the week will help put your mind at ease. Second, do everything you can to relax. Know that you have done everything you could have to prepare for the school. There will be challenges, but calming your thoughts will help you get through the unknown. Visualization can be very helpful in this type of situation. Thinking about how well you will do in a given situation will increase your chance of success. I will continue to elaborate on recommendations in the next few posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment