Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Waking-up Troubles

Everyone that has done anything with ROTC or has a significant other involved in the program knows the worst part about it, the wake up. There are a great deal of people that claim to have trouble waking up. Below I have a list of the top 10 excuses for missing PT without calling.

10. I didn’t know what time it started.
This is one of the classics. PT starts at the same time and place every day. It has happened a few times that the plan has changed, but this is only done with advanced notice.

9. My alarm didn’t go off.
This is one of a great variety related to alarm clock malfunctions. Alarm manufacturers must be incompetent because they always seem to be failing when it comes time to wake up for PT.

8. I didn’t know I had to come today.
Cadets love to find reasons for not attending. They will often revert to confusion when they are out of classic excuses.

7. My car wouldn’t start.
Automobiles in cadet land function as poorly as alarm clocks. Apparently, the frustration from an under performing vehicle prevents people from calling for a ride or running to Horton.

6. I lost power in my building.
It is true that this really happens; however, the likelihood of this occurring on a Sunday, Tuesday, or a Thursday is slim. This is why the people that make alarm clocks put back-up batteries in them.

5. I was at the library until 3 doing homework.
Homework is never an excuse for missing PT. Cadets should always plan ahead and get their homework done. In the event that work piles up, you have to just suck it up and show up.

4. I had a test at 8 am.
This is a very similar example to the one above. No excuse

3. I thought we were meeting somewhere else.
Really?? Where else would we be?

2. My girlfriend set the alarm.
This works for me. Girlfriends are always trying to get us to sleep in. So much that they manufacture days off.

1. My half-drunk friend was smothering it, and he failed to wake me up when he got up.
Oh, it happened! Best excuse ever!

Overall there are very few reasonable excuses for missing something that you are responsible for attending. Do everything you can to be where you are supposed to be, and everything will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment