Monday, April 27, 2009

A Semester in Review

Today the MSI's, or freshman, took their last PT test of the semester. It is coming down to the wire now. This is the final week in the semester and marks the end of a long four months. As a whole, the semester has been extremely productive and provided a number of lessons. In my case, I have found and implemented a workout that will actually work to improve PT results. In my case, I have improved my score by 25 points, including getting slower on the run. This was due to a foot injury. The workout is the same one that I wrote about a few months ago. The workout consists of about forty-five minutes of pushups and situps prior to any running or cardio. I typically do the workout four to five times per week. The only drawback is that it eats up time. You will need about an hour and a half to have a complete workout. If interested, you can look back to my previous discussions. Besides improving my overall physical shape, I was able to continue my success in school. It can be challenging managing time as a cadet. The biggest piece of advice that I can offer is to remember your priorities. As a cadet, your first responsibility is to graduate from school. At times this will not seem to be the case; however, without graduating, there is no point helping with ROTC. I am not saying to avoid participating by blaming your time commitments. You have the responsibility to do everything you can to help the program without hurting yourself. Balancing responsibilities is an acquired skill. Use this time to learn how to prioritize.

No comments:

Post a Comment