Monday, February 16, 2009

Corrective Measures

Yesterday I was complaining about how bad my shins and feet were hurting. Instead of complaining about it I made a trip to Walgreens for some insoles. I was looking at the many insoles, trying to find the perfect one. I grabbed two different ones. The first one I tried out were the Dr. Scholls one-size fits all orthodics. The insoles are not the kind that you cut to fit your proper size. They simply don't have the protion beyond the ball of the foot. This allows them to sell it as though they would fit sizes eight to twelve. Unfortunately for me, the insole doesn't fit size 12 feet properly. The arch doesn't quite match up as I hoped it would. Without proper arch support, I was basically left where I started. The next set of insoles I purchased were the Aero 3 by Profeet. They appear to be a generic brand, in cost and appearance; however, appearances are deceiving. These are foam insoles that have an air chamber that runs from the heel to the arch of the foot. After cutting the insole to size, I tested them out. At first they did not seem to fit correctly, but after five minutes, I could notice the difference. The Aero 3 were easily worth the nine dollars, and my feet feel great today even after running twenty minutes of stair laps with a rucksack. Running stairs usually kill my feet and calves, but today was different. My feet still hurt a little bit, but no where near as bad as they would have without the insoles. I would recommend buying these insoles if you are having foot problems or if your shoes have lost padding and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment