Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Good News Day

From the title I am sure that you can figure out that today brought some good news, both items ROTC related. The first piece of news was related to the news every cadet waits for. I found out when I will finally end up going to BOLC II and BOLC III. For people new to ROTC land, BOLC II is the school that immediately follows ROTC in the training progression. It lasts six weeks and takes place at FT. Benning and FT. Sill. The class overall is pretty basic and much like Warrior Forge. I will be reporting to FT Benning on September 8. Following BOLC II is BOLC III. It is the job-specific training for an Army officer. This school teaches branch specific knowledge, and, for me, is located at Fort Leonard Wood. The school varies in length, depending on branch. Engineer BOLC III lasts for 17 weeks, making it shorter than most schools. There are a few more pieces of information that most cadets wait for, especially where we will end up. Duty stations typically are released in April. Today it is nice to know at least when and where I will be going in the next few months. It is tough to wait to find out what is going to happen, but once you do it is very liberating. The second piece of good information was that I found out today that I will be paid for the last year and will receive the check within the month. It is nice to know that efforts will be recognised. I have worked hard, and I feel as though this is the recognition of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment