Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Motivation anyone?

Before I begin to write about the happenings of this morning, I want you to know that despite having a high opinion of myself, I am in no way unrealistic. I feel that, given the opportunity, people should step up and help their buddy. Back to the morning... I was standing around with the juniors and seniors when the cadre were asking for help this afternoon. Apparently, a junior from Bradley needed someone to run with him. He would be taking a PT test around one o'clock and thought it would be helpful to have some people running with him. At this point no one volunteered. Everyone just stood there and pretended that they were busy for the entire afternoon. There was no way that out of 19 people, no one had an hour available. This is a common occurrence in ROTC. Whenever there is some function going on that requires volunteers, everyone within hearing distance has a full schedule. ROTC will require time outside of the usual functions, but it is quite funny how, after time, people's reflex is to reply that they are busy. If they lack a reasonable excuse, they will make one up as fast as they can. I know that we are busy, but we must remember why we decided to join ROTC. I joined in order to help people, and try to do so when the opportunity arises. Try to think about this when someone asks for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment